How to Adopt
When adopting a dog or a cat from the shelter we have you spend some time with the pet of your choice and see if both parties get along with each other. Then we have you fill out an adoption form. We do have an adoption fee that helps cover expenses. You then have a week to see if the pet is adjusting to its new home or not, and I will call you, or you call me. I want you to fill me in on if the animal is settling in nicely. I will try and help you adjust to the new pet and the pet adjust to you. I will always try and take the animal back if the kennels are not full at the time, if they are I ask if you could wait til we make room.
- I agree that I am adopting the above described animal solely as a pet for myself and/or my immediate family.
- I agree not to change any part on this animal, will not crop ears, tail or nose, or declaw! Only change, if not done, will be to spay and neuter this animal on agreed time in the contract (30 days after adoption).
- I agree that I will not sell, give away or otherwise dispose of said animal to any person(s) or other entity for any reason without the prior approval of Adopt-A-Dog Animal Rescue. If at a later date I am unable or unwilling to keep this animal, I agree to contact Adopt-A-Dog Animal Rescue and return it to them or make arrangements with Adopt-A-Dog Animal Rescue to place in another home.
- I also agree to care for this animal in a humane and responsible manner and to provide it with clean and appropriate shelter, food, water, exercise, companionship and veterinary care.
- I also agree that the adoption fee I paid to Adopt-A-Dog Animal Rescue is reasonable and is not refundable after 7 days from the date of this adoption agreement, even if I return the animal to Adopt-A-Dog Animal Rescue.
- I understand that Adopt-A-Dog Animal Rescue takes every precaution to assure the health of its adoptable animals, but can make NO GUARANTEE of any kind regarding the health and/or temperament of the animal I have adopted. I understand that I, as the adopter, am financially responsible for the animal upon signing this document. I understand that Adopt-A-Dog Animal Rescue recommends that I have a veterinarian examine this animal within 10 days of adoption.
- I give my permission for an agent of Adopt-A-Dog Animal Rescue to visit the premises where the adopted animal is living. I further give permission for an Adopt-A-Dog Animal Rescue agent to remove said animal from my premises if Adopt-A-Dog Animal Rescue determines that the animal is not receiving appropriate care or if I have violated this agreement. Such entry onto my property shall not constitute trespass upon premises occupied.
- If the animal is not altered, I understand that I have 30 days (1 month) to spay or neuter the animal adopted.
- I certify that all of the statements made by me on this adoption agreement are true and correct. I agree that Adopt-A-Dog Animal Rescue has the right to confiscate the adopted animal in the event that any statements made by me are found to be false and/or my check for the adoption fee is returned for insufficient funds.
Vaccinated Prior to Adoption
Happy Pet, Happy Heart
Edit this text to make it your own. To edit, simply click directly on the text to start adding your own words.